Friday, August 29, 2008

Lexington, KY

The drive to Kentucky took about eight hours and ten minutes. We passed through West Virginia to get here. Highway 64 was very mountainy and foggy in places, but sometimes made for some nice views.

Carrie lives in an awesome apartment in Lexington. Two bedrooms, huge kitchen, living room... And all for southern-pricing, of course. Her place is larger than what Mark and I had and she pays half of what we had to pay. Sometimes I question my sanity because I choose to remain up north.

After she cooked us a spaghetti dinner (oh my god thank you thank you real food) we went for a five minute drive down in the road and into Lexington city proper. After a drink at one Irish bar where the main crowd was mostly people in their forties, we transferred to another bar down the block. We got to sit outside at this one, which had a nice view of the fountain streams at the courthouse. Kids with their parents were playing in this fountain, which comes out at sidewalk level, with no barriers surrounding it. It goes off at different intervals and rises to different levels.

So, yeah, awesome. Right in front of the courthouse, cops all around (we watched a college kid get pulled over, and two other cops cars cruise by the scene), and no one cares. You can play right in this fountain. So, of course, that's what I did, as did EGo (though I had to goad him a bit). This is me suppressing one of the streams, after I tried to put my face into it:EGo pretty much ran in fully clothed, and with his boots still on. I took some stuff off.
Here's the aftermath.
That may be my "come hither" face. Why I'm making it, I'm unsure.

No comments: