Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Washington, D.C., part II.

Jon left today for some work shit. He left EGo and I with a key to his apartment and a bunch of Metro cards. We pretty much have free reign over whatever we'd like.

Went to the Cracker Barrel for lunch (breakfast, really, when one wakes up at noon, and has only been conscious for a few minutes, it's still the morning meal). Goddamn, that place is delicious. Well, not the building itself, obviously, but the food inside it.

After 4pm I convinced EGo that sitting on our asses in Jon's apartment wasn't that great of an idea, so we went into D.C. First we got off on the Metro Central stop, but that was all businesses, so there weren't that many bars. We went into one bar where we were only ones underneath 33 in age. Also the only ones who were unemployed, more than likely. So we left, then went to the Dupont Circle stop, and went to Buffalo Billiards, conveniently located right off the Metro stop. We played a non-buy-in poker game for two rounds. I lasted until third place in the second game. Too much Smithwicks. Impairs the judgement. I give the thumbs up anyway.
On the way back, EGo decided to do some chin-ups on the Metro train. Gratuitious crotch-shot:He banged his head on the ceiling. Finally, this is me trying to look like an intimidating man on one of those huge escalators leading down to the Metro.EGo reminds me that I have football player-neck. You know, when you jack your head back and it makes your neck look massive. Or he says, "Actually, Lacy, YOU said that you had football player neck." It's true. I did. And I do.

Tomorrow, we're doing an eight hour drive to Carrie's place in Kentucky. Churchhill Downs is closed until October. I'm disappointed. I wanted to go to a race. I suppose there's always time for another track in another state.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is no such thing as to much smithwicks...

haha twice in DC and you couldn't make a postal service quote...