Sunday, August 24, 2008

Washington, D.C.

Washington D.C.'s Metro is, as far as I've seen, the best public transportation system in the country. I want to know if another system in a city as large can rival it--on any grounds. It's so easy to use that even someone such as myself, who is directionally challenged, can find their way around.

Anyway, last night we went to a bar called The Brickskeller. There were about ten pages of beer to choose from--and yes, most of them were available. The image is an example of some of the menu (pardon the bluriness, it was dark in the bar). As you can see, it's tiny type, and huge selection. They also had a jukebox with downloadable content, and the music played throughout the downstairs part of the bar where we were, so that's always an added bonus.

They have one drink called "Blow Your Skull Off". I, uh, highly recommend it. If you'd like to puke.

After the bar, my college friends Mike and Sarah took me to a place called Alberto's Pizza near Dupont Circle. Excellent drunk food. The slices of pizza are about three bucks, and each slice is 1/4th of the pizza. Yes, seriously. And it is freakin' delicious pizza. And did I mention it's ONE FOURTH of a pie? Damn. One FOURTH. Amazing. So we sat on the edge of the fountain at Dupont Circle and ate these massive slices of pizza.

Thanks to Mike who let me pass out on his couch in his apartment. I'm sure by the end of this trip I'll be able to tell my friends which of them has the best couch to sleep on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my mouth watered when you said the number of beers. there is now a puddle of drool on floor in my room. For realsies