Saturday, August 30, 2008

North Liberty, IN

Indiana isn't a whole lot to look at. It's very flat. I mean, really, really flat. There's nothing but cornrows and farms, unless you're passing through a business district; then you've got tractor sellers.

EGo and I were supposed to go to Notre Dame to hang out with his friend who lives on campus. As such, we were going to go camp in a state park nearby. We got the state park thing down no problem, but EGo's friend bailed on us without explanation.

So, now we're sitting in an incredibly crowded state park. We set the ten up without a hitch, which is exciting. I was surprised at the crowding. Immense amount of people with yelling kids. I was surprised because I completely forgot that this is Labor Day weekend. We're waiting for Park Safety to show up because I'm trying to get a refund (I thought we were going to need to stay two nights, but since EGo's buddy bailed, we only need to stay for one). For some reason the lady at the front gate said that she couldn't authorize a refund, but that she'd send Park Safety to talk to us about it.

Right. What???

Speaking of jackasses, I got pulled over and ticketed for doing 30mph in a 15mph zone within the park. The trooper, I'm convinced, pulled me over beacuse of the NJ license plates on EGo's Jeep. Also, he kindly pointed out that I was doing thirty DOWN A HILL. Who doesn't go faster down a fucking hill? In all honesty, too, I didn't realize that I was going that fast. Next thing I know, I see the cherries flashing in the rearview. So, now I have to call the number on the ticket, which is the JUDGE'S number, and talk to the judge about how much I owe.

That's correct: Indiana is retarded.

I'm ready to leave this state. Excited enough that I'm typing this entry up on my laptop while people who are walking their dogs seem confused by this alien technology I have on my lap.

Chicago and Mike Rigoli are the next stop. Civilization!

P.S. - Even with a thick layer of bug spray poisoning my skin, the bugs are still trying to eat me.

P.S.S. - I have a picture of me with the fire I built, but that will be posted later.

No comments: