Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Carlsbad, CA, part III.

So today, EGo, Jon, Mark, Bryan and me went to Stone Brewing Co.. We were too late to make it to the brewery tour, but they have some awesome house bars there. So we drank there for awhile, until Bryan and I got antsy, and took off before the other guys to go get grub.

Before we left, Bryan and I climbed up a rock wall outside the bars. Down about 25 feet below us were a bunch of people watching a movie on the lawn of the brewery. I did this creepy arms spread, crouched down, ready-to-jump-on-some-prey move while Bryan took a flash photo from behind me. I hope a bunch of people looked up and were scared.

Anyway, we wind up at a bar/restaurant called Hennessy's Tavern. And what happens to be going on that night? Karaoke. Oh, yes. That's right. Once the rest of the boys showed up we commenced ruling that shit. House of Pain was first, then a bunch of other songs that blend together because I was busy drinking Jack and Coke's like it was my job. I know we sang some Eve 6, some Andrew W.K., Sum 41... And so on. Seriously, no less than four of us were up there at a time, and most of the time it was all five of us screaming into two microphones. Awesome.

And since we create our own party, eventually the rest of the drunk patrons of this bar joined in. after he had a decent crowd piling up the song requests, he stopped letting us up there so much. But, hey, at least we had a good run.

No comments: